Vizio M Series
The Vizio M Series 4K Television has incredible features and pricing that will fit most people’s budgets and EVERYONE’S expectations.
This new series by Vizio features new 4K Ultra HD (also called UHD), a Dual-Band Wi-Fi for interactive features (such as streaming video, music, radio, etc…) and Smart TV components such as internet applications (Apps) and second-screen interactivity.
So, let us get to breaking down the features and pricing of the new M Series by Vizio.
With a resolution of 3740 x 2160, this Vizio is classified as Ultra HD (UHD) and is 4K in resolution. With a contrast ratio of 20 Million: 1, this 4K picture is the future of television.
ALL sizes in the Vizio M Series feature the 4K resolution as well as the following:
- Spatial Scaling Engine (HD to UHD Upscaling)
This is HD to Ultra HD Upscaling. For example, it will play a 1080p Bluray and upscale it or other HD video to Ultra HD (3840 x 2160)–as close to 4K resolution as possible.
- VM50 UHD Picture Processing Engine
- Full-Array LED Backlight
- Active Pixel Tuning
- Contrast Ratio of 20 Million : 1
- Smart TV
- VIA Plus
- 802.11ac Dual-band Wi-Fi
- UHD Video Streaming Support (HEVC H.265)
- V6 Six-Core Processor
- Two-Sided Remote with Backlit Keyboard
- DTS Sound Audio
- 5 HDMI Ports
The Vizio M Series comes in the following sizes: 43”, 49”, 50”, 55”, 60”, 65”, 70”, 75”, and 80”.
The dimensions specifications for each Vizio M Series are as follows:
- 43”: WxHxD of 37.93 x 21.82 x 2.44 inches
- 49”: WxHxD of 43.12 x 24.74 x 2.46 inches
- 50”: WxHxD of 44.18 x 25.40 x 2.44 inches
- 55”: WxHxD of 48.80 x 28.03 x 2.51 inches
- 60”: WxHxD of 53.60 x 30.90 x 2.60 inches
- 65”: WxHxD of 57.39 x 32.87 x 2.52 inches
- 70”: WxHxD of 61.60 x 35.50 x 2.70 inches
- 75”: Unknown: To be determined by the manufacturer.
- 80”: WxHxD of 71.33 x 40.93 x 2.91 inches
See the subsection “Additional Features” below to view different features and specifications that vary between M Series sizes.
Under the Subsection “4K Features” in the beginning of this article, listed all of the features that every M Series television shares, in every size. Below are the differences in some specifications due to size variations.
- M Series size 43”: Contains 28 Active LED Zones.
- M Series sizes 49” to 80”: Contain 32 Active LED Zones.
- M Series sizes 43” to 55”: Clear Action of 360 and an Effective Refresh Rate of 120Hz.
- M Series sizes 60” to 80”: Clear Action of 720 and an Effective Refresh Rate of 240Hz.
Vizio’s Full-Array LED with Active LED Zones delivers amazing contrast levels that are striking and bring Ultra HD to the next level. A full backlight grid has evenly spaced LEDs that harmonizes depth, contrast, and details on screen.
With a richer contrast, Active LED Zones work by using localized areas of LEDs that independently adapt and change to the content on screen, as opposed to the televisions of the past, which did not feature independent, Backlight LED. This series contains up to 384 total active led zones, which allows for optimal shadows and black colors that one normally associates with plasma televisions, as well as peak brightness.
Straight from the manufacturer, the 2015 pricing for the new Vizio M Series flatscreens are as follows (note that these are the current prices advertised by Vizio and may not be the full retail value):
- 43” for $549.99
- 49” for $529.99
- 50” for $749.99
- 55” for $899.99
- 60” for $1,199.99
- 65” for $1,499.99
- 70” for $1,899.99
- 75” for $2,599.99
- 80” for $3,999.99 (retail price)
It is advisable to go to the manufacturers’ website directly for the most up-to-date prices and deals, as well as retail stores selling this model.
In conclusion, the 2015 Vizio M Series 4K Television features incredible new and improved resolution abilities and contrast ratios (such as 4K and upscaling abilities), Full-Array LED for the best picture possible, and a smooth refresh rates with up to 240Hz for M Series sizes 60” to 80”.
While the larger sizes are understandably expensive, it is not as expensive as one would have thought, considering the technology that is being introduced and offered in this series. Anyone could spend the same amount of money (or more) for a common Wi-Fi able, 1080p HD flatscreen for the same price as the 43-55 inch sizes of the Vizio M Series model. When compared, there really is no comparison.