Henning Solberg, elder brother of 2003 FIA World Rally Champion Petter, is one of Norway’s biggest sports stars and a hugely popular figure on the WRC circuit. 2009 will see Solberg once again be part of the Stobart VK M-Sport Ford Rally Team with continued backing from his personal sponsor Expert.
- 2008 points finishes in Mexico, Jordan, Turkey and Finland. 18 stage wins during season. Finished WRC Drivers' Championship in 8th place with 22 points.
- He was also in contention for overall podium positions in Greece and New Zealand, only to be denied by retirements caused by mechanical issues. Over the season Solberg racked up 18 stage wins – including seven in New Zealand where he recovered from an early problem and went on to run at a quicker pace than eventual rally winner Sebastien Loeb.
- First full year in the WRC in 2007. Equalled best ever WRC result, 3rd on Rally Norway and again in Japan, claiming 3rd career podium finish. Finished 6th in the WRC with 34 points - his best ever championship finish.
- Achieved best WRC result in 2006, 3rd on Rally Turkey, claiming his first podium finish.
- 2006 finished 8th in the WRC with 25 points.
- Took his first ever stage win in Rally Argentina that year and finished 7th.
- Contested 12 WRC events for the OMV Peugeot Norway team in 2006.
- Took part in seven WRC events in 2005 driving a Ford Focus WRC and finished 14th in the WRC. Norwegian Rally Champion from 1999 to 2003.
- First WRC event was Swedish Rally in 1998 where he finished in 12th position.